Friday, December 7, 2012

The Double Diet Week 5 (AKA the Week off)


The Double Diet Week 5 (AKA the Week off)

Decided after about 9 months of serious attention to diet to avoid thinking about dietary rules and just eat normally for a few days - up to a week before the start of the next diet.

Max broke her part of the double diet after about two weeks and gave up on the broader terms and just vaguely stuck to the spirit of the diet and lost a couple of Kgs though not enough to trigger an accomplishment in her own view.

On my part even though this week I relaxed the rule and ate without much thought I still avoid overeating and cannot consume as much as I used to. I also can't eat heavy carbs - or not that much anyway before feeling full a lot faster and have developed a pattern of lighter dinners and heavier lunches anyway. Also high sugar items like Soda, Sauces and Sweets are too much more thatn I can handle these days and leave me feeling a bit sick so I leave them alone in general.

Previously the idea of sharing a chocolate bar seemed an anathema, a waste of time as I'd want  a whole one anyway. Where as now I can be satisfied with a bite or a smaller half and still feel satiated. This is a good thing. I think I appreciate food a lot more now without the need to overdo it to enjoy it.

Surprisingly I have lost another 2.5 kilos, starting the diet at 93.2 (on average) hit 90 kilos for the first time yesterday, last night in fact after my 40 minute stationary bike ride.

Starting on the tenth I will be trying the IF Diet - which seems like a good idea and an extension of a number of timing ideas around food that I have picked up along the way.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/lifestyle/9480451/The-52-diet-can-it-help-you-lose-weight-and-live-longer.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law