Monday, July 1, 2013

Favourite Diet Foods: Rocket and Bulghur Wheat Salad w/Pear, Dates and Feta



So technically this is a salad I started eating AFTER my diet ended, but as it did my food habits have gotten a lot better anyway, and this is one of my faves currently.

Meanwhile weight is maintaining in the 86/87 range and I have been at this for about 2 months now (comes and goes from 85 to 88 at times but not much outside of that) and other than the two fasting days per week I eat what I want, it's just that what I want these days excludes most junk food, fast food and red meat is on occasion, and I would estimate vegetarian is over 50% of my week most weeks.


Ingredients


1C cooked bulghur wheat
1 packed cup rocket
1/2 C pitted dates chopped
2 Tbsp feta
1/2 pear cored and thinly sliced
2 Tbsp sliced almonds toasted

Dressing 

3 Tbsp EVO
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp maple syrup
salt to taste

Assembly

Mix dressing together in large bowl.
Add bulghur wheat and dates to dressing, toss.
Fold in feta and pear.
Plate onto rocket.
Sprinkle almonds over the top.


Note:  Substitute feta for goats cheese. Use couscous or quinoa instead of bulghur wheat,  walnuts instead of almonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law