Sunday, June 16, 2013

Favourite Diet Foods: Asian Salad w/Spicy Peanut Dressing (caution, may contain nuts...)



A few weeks back I decided to add some recipes of my favourite diet food, and promptly did no such thing.

I have been concentrating on my writing blog and cracking through on the one thousand plus words a day goal but that then takes up all my attention and by the time I finish writing I am no longer interested in finding, writing and posting the recipe.

So now I have posted on this blog first and will go and bake my Monday Cake and THEN head to my 1,000 words (which is closer to 2,000 these days).

So here it is, spicy peanut dressed salad. Definitely not boring.

asian salad with spicy peanut dressing

Ingredients: Salad

red cabbage shredded
carrots (use peeler to slice into ribbons)
cucumber (cut in half, remove seeds and    use peeler to create ribbons)
capsicum (red or yellow) finely sliced
mung bean sprouts
coriander (chopped)
spring onion (finely chopped)
peanuts

Ingredients: Dressing 

4 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
2 Tbsp lime juice
3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp finely chopped chilli
water for texture

Directions


Combine cabbage, carrot and cucumber ribbons and sliced capsicum. Add coriander and spring onion.
Mix together the dressing, adjust to taste. 
Add to salad and toss.
Top with mung beans sprouts and peanuts when plating.

Goes great with grilled fish. 

If mangos are in season. Peel and slice a cheek into strips, add to salad, it offsets the chilli with a bit of sweetness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law