Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sugar Free Week 2




Week 3 is much, much easier as I have established a pattern of finding foods that are suitable and the craving for things like sauces and normal bread is diminishing.

I'm not craving sweet things like chocolate or lollies, in fact they seem the easiest to get rid of so far. It's all the foods where sugar is listed as an ingredient and are savoury.

Again, 3 weeks in and I'm shedding some weight - no idea how much, but i feel lighter and better overall.  Now I need to find me some scales and see how much I may be different from the last time I weighed myself some 6 months ago.

I've also started cutting back on eating in the evenings, and reducing snacks. Given that next month it will be zero calories after 7 pm every night, regardless of whether I go out or not.

I've also noted that I can stop eating whenever I want. I can be full or partially full, I feel no compulsion to finish whats on my plate even if I like it. At lunch yesterday I skipped my fries and got them to take away and had them as a snack later on. Previously I would have eaten all of that, with sugar rich tomato sauce and then had a snack or two later. And probably a cup of tea/coffee with biscuits too.

Week 3 has already begun, I'm over halfway and feeling good. Pretty sure that when this is over I'll be much more conscious about sugar content all together even if it's not zero, but will try and keep it low.

No calories after 7 will be interesting. Have to get drunk early and cruise through the night when Newby is back for the obligatory catch up session and night out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law