Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sugar Free: Week 3




Sugar Free End of Week 3 - 7 more days to go to make it one month (10th to the 10th).

Still no idea what I have lost in kilos or percentages, still have not bought a set of bathroom scales. People have been mentioning that I look smaller and svelter, but I take that with a grain of salt as most people are aware of what I am doing. Likewise I discount my own perception of being lighter and feeling better as no one is as prone to confirmation bias as the interested party.

However I am passing the belt test - see above. The bottom red line is where I am wearing it right now and the top rather worn looking notch is where I was a few weeks ago.

I have had a couple of times when I was tempted kind of... once when I was handling my daughters ice cream, no cravings until I got some on my fingers and automatically licked it off, that was a hefty reaction. The second was when breaking off a bit of chocolate for Max having a cup of tea, and a sliver fell to the bench and I would normally have just picked that up and popped it in my mouth, and though I knew I was not going to I could feel an almost autonomic action of doing so, like my hands wanted to do it. It ended in the bin though, not in me.

Am disturbed by the lack of sugar free products and even when this is over I know I cannot really go easily back to the pre-diet levels where I had no idea what I was consuming.

Next week when I move to the next diet and have zero food or calories after 7 pm I will add to that not exceeding the Recommended Daily Intake for Sugar. According to consumer.org in order to maintain a weight of 120 kilos I need to not exceed 130g per day - or just over 3 cans of coke. If I wanted to maintain a weight of 90 kilos, it would be 107g.

I think I'll try and keep it under 80. Considering I have been around zero (from refined sugar) then it seems like a good thing, but I will also count natural sugars which will make it harder as they will eat up a fair amount of that. 12 grams per orange and up to 15 grams per apple. If fruit and juice play a daily part then I think it should be easy to maintain on top of whatever diet I am on next.

Will definitely buy some scales in the weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law