Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Zero After Seven: Week 3.



After the end of the second week I appeared to have plateaued and stayed at 112/113 for just under a week before I started back down again. This morning I hit 111.5 kgs and have settled in to the new routine for no eating after 7 pm.

I still have a lower than usual sugar intake (for me) and cannot stomach very sweet things, or if I do in small amounts only. It's good that the desire for that sweetness can be fixed with a small amount, not eating loads. I square of chocolate will suffice and then any desire is gone.

It's taken a bit longer to get used to no snacking in the evening, with the urge (but not hunger) to snack only really disappearing in the last couple of days. My craving for sweet things took less than a week to disappear, whereas the desire to snack later in the evening about 3 weeks.

Not sold on the idea as a dietary control mechanism, it seems that it helps form good habits, but in conjunction with the low, low sugar diet it helps manage intake. If it were just used on it's own, I'm not sure how effective it would be.

Hard one to get used to, unlike the sugar free.

Takeaway from this will be no snacking in the evening, when dinner and dessert (if we have one) are done then I am done for the evening.

One more week then no carbs after lunch for a month.

Am also reading the Omnivores Dilemma by the excellent author Michael Pollan which may provide some insight into dietary habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law