Saturday, October 13, 2012

3 Meals a Day Week One


3 Meals a Day - Week One

The rule, must have 3 meals a day and nothing else to eat. So a little more than a simple no snack diet, breakfast must be consumed in some form every day.

This is a challenge for me as I am so not a breakfast person. When Harry is back from School holidays I suspect I will find this even harder as I struggle to get up get the kids ready, get myself ready, get him to school on time and then get to work as well.

But so far so good. Unlike the Vegan diet where I was still snacking, but the food I was eating filled me up less, this diet actually reduces the need for snacks or reduces the desire for snacking.

Sometimes a bit of will power is required, I have a friend visiting and she brought chocolate (Haighs From OZ - yumm-o) and that does not form part of a meal, so Max and the kids luck out there! I'm not overdoing the meals, I've only had dessert the once when the family was over for dinner and it's not a regular part of any meal I have had for years.

I'm not tempted to over eat to compensate, and with exercise burning up extra calories as well, this seems to work as a balanced diet.

Lowest weight 94.3 Kilos, so instead of plateauing or gaining slightly - which I suspected may be a result - I have actually lost a kilo and a half this week - partly from Vegan and partly from changing to this diet.

Very first day off Vegan? Bacon and egg sandwich - mmmm Bacon....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law