Friday, January 11, 2013

10k A Day - Week One


10K A Day - Week One

Even though I thought when I started this I was going to avoid this diet it seems like a natural progression to try it this late in the year (diet 10 I think?) since this is the real secret to losing weight, controlling your caloric or kilojoule intake on a regular basis.

With help from some apps in the I Store I have determined that my "maintain" kilojoule intake is around 13,000 a day with moderate exercise (minimum 30 minutes a day - I do 43 minutes) and if I want to reach my goal BMI weight it should be around 10,900 per day.

So calorie counting at each meal and snack does a double duty in that you have a goal but you think twice about everything you put in when you count each meal and snack with a ceiling in mind. The first day of calorie counting was also my last fasting day so I was well under the 10,900 limit clocking in around 650 kilojoules. The second day (yesterday) I came in at 6800 kilojoules and that was without exercise. I was not hungry or feeling like I was denying myself but I was very conscious of everything that goes in my body for the day, even tea and coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law