Saturday, January 5, 2013

The 5:2 Diet - Week Four



The 5:2 Diet Week Four

The intermittent fasting works well to keep my weight at the 91 mark after the second day each week despite eating pretty much whatever I want during the other days. It means I have been eating more crap food but not gaining weight.

However the side effect of this is feeling like I am cheating rather than eating well. The effect of high fat, high sugar foods is distasteful and I'm beginning to actively dislike them despite being in the habit of going for them when looking for a snack - knowing full well I can get away with it.

However as my attitude and predilection for them is changing I need to work on not failing prey to that habit knowing that 2 days of 600 calories or less will fix that.

Calorie/Kilojoule controlled diet will be next - thinking it will be likely 10,000 kilojoules limit. According to some sources it should be 13,000 kilojoules if you have an active lifestyle (30 minutes a day or more exercise - which I do) or 10,000 if you have a sedentary one (for people my age and gender). I like the idea of the challenge and gain part so I'll aim for 10,000 a day limit - I have an app for my Phone already to help track it for the coming month.

Interestingly Max has taken to the 5:2 diet this month and will continue it next month on her own. She has lost 2-3 kgs this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law