Wednesday, June 13, 2012

No Carbs After Lunch: Week One





No Carbs After Lunch.

The rule: After the midday meal have no more carbs. All grains, potatoes, rice, bread, sugars and anything vaguely carb-ey is gone. Breakfast and Lunch can be as carb-ey as I like, but then no more.

So bascially dinners are meat and vegetables and/or salads. No bread rolls, no chips, no rice etc...

Because I had stopped snacking after dinner about 5 weeks ago, the transition to no carbs was pretty simple. The desire to have potato chips, or popcorn or whatever is gone already - and then it's just a matter of adjusting to no carbs in the meal.

When I had roast chicken the other night that meant that when I was clearing away the dishes I saw the leftover spuds in the dish and wanted them - but not until that moment. Those leftovers went into my lunch for the next day so I consumed carbs at the appropriate time.

Visiting with other people or going out is a bit of a management issue - but I just eat what I want to anyway with little or no qualms on that so for me it's fine.

Interesting that in the last 4 days I have lost 2 kilograms, this seems to be more effective and easier than the Zero After Seven Diet. Though this may be an anomaly.

Need to buy a new belt, the last notch on this one is getting loose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law