Friday, August 24, 2012

Dairy Free Week Two



Week Two of Dairy Free passes without incident.

This is the dullest and most uninteresting of diets and seems to be having little or no effect really. I can't say I see the point in it unless you are a serious dairy consumer at full-fat levels, or are lactose intolerant.

Then again if you were Lactose intolerant you probably would not consume that much anyway.

Rather than feeling like the diet has an effect - it's more like I'm avoiding things that are just in the way. Butter, cheese and milk.

Annoyingly Feta is still dairy by definition so my favourite salad is off the menu.

It will be a lot more effective when coupled with Vegetarian to make Vegan, and while that should work due to the very restrictive nature of the diet, I struggle to see the point of it.

Good things to note outside of Dairy free. Daily exercise = 40 minutes minimum on a static bike at 75% resistance setting (6/8) and my fruit consumption has increased with fresh cut pineapple as my new favourite snack food.

Weight = 99.6 Kgs this morning - it fluctuates around the 100 mark during the week so have been at this level for a couple of weeks now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law