Saturday, August 4, 2012

Vegetarian: Week Four


Vegetarian: Week Four.

This morning I hit 100 kilos, a couple more weeks of this project and I should be consistently in the double figure range.

Vegetarian is not hard at all really as I have mentioned before. But. And the but is significant.

It's very hard to stay full. As time wears on through weeks three and four I seem to be less satisfied that I am full on the Vegetarian diet. Meat is obviously quite heavy and filling, and when it is not included in the diet I find that I tend to want to snack more during the day and on weekends.

I'm still sticking to the lower carbs, lower snacks and lower sugar variations to my on going diet but for the first time the diet is making me actually feel hungrier (with the exception of the very first week of this project).

Still being aware and not caving into the feeling is usually enough. I do have to watch myself in the weekends as access to more food and easy snacking is much higher than when being distracted by work.

I did note that on the days I got up before 5 a.m. (which oddly I did twice this week) any delay to getting food really strains at lunch time and found myself seriously tired and hungry by 11 - which is when I usually eat. Though this week the schedule I had for some urgent work stuff made my timing all go out of whack.

5 more days of vegetarian. Not sure there will be a takeaway from this diet, while I am still losing weight for now, it's more likely drawn from the other good habits not from vegetarian per se.

Oh and the exercise is probably helping. I have started back on the stationary bike - 42 minutes per day. 42 minutes being the average length of a standard hour of television without ads. I watch one episode of a TV show while biking - keeps me distracted enough and from being bored.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law