Sunday, September 30, 2012

Vegan: Week 3


Week 3: Vegan.

Definitely feels like a diet and am hungry a lot of the time now a few weeks in. Food doesn't seem to satisfy me that much, like I can eat a lot but it never seems to be enough. So while I am still losing weight (hit 96.8 at my lowest this week) and sticking to my diet whenever I finish eating I feel like I want more.

So I snack out on popcorn and nuts and all sorts of vegan friendly and relatively healthy options, but my body does seem to be telling me something, that Vegan is not what it wants.

I don't see the sense in a Vegan diet on an ongoing basis, but it is certainly effective for short term weight loss.

What will I take away from this diet? Probably if I ever want to have a crash diet where I have the sole purpose of short term weight loss then this would be an easy enough - if dull choice based - diet to stick to, even with the snacks.

I suspect that the excess snacking is driven by exercise as well, reduced caloric intake with added caloric burning (45 minutes a day on the bike) is probably creating that desire, or perhaps adding to it - not sure of the benefit/balance factor of them together - but it's still very, very interesting to watch your body go through this.

Feel fantastic though with self esteem and body image at an all time high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law