Friday, September 14, 2012

Week One: Vegan


Week One of Vegan started 5 days ago and unlike last month I really feel like I am on a diet this time.

The picture above (minus the Avocado which I don't care for) is what I am making for my dinner tonight, Quinoa Burritos!

So far the diet has consisted of lentil and felafel based meals, salads and vegetables. It's a little more limiting than previous diets and I feel like I am dieting again, which I did not on the dairy free month. For the last 4 weeks I hovered between 99 and 101 kilos off and on even with the daily exercise on the stationary bike. I was eating more food to make up for the energy expended on the bike so that kind of makes sense that I was in some kind of stasis.

I'd be surprised if a couple of kilos aren't gone in the next 3-4 weeks though.

One limiting factor is finding food from public spaces, K Road is easy enough if I want to hit a Hare Krishna or Vegetarian place (there are a couple) but when work provided lunch yesterday I did go find my own food as vegetarian pizza and sandwiches both have cheeses and butters - and I'd rather find my own food than pick others apart.

Will be interesting to see how frustrating this diet becomes, even though I suspect it is very effective.

I don't think Vegan makes any sense as a lifestyle choice, but it does obviously take stamina and willpower to stick to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law