Tuesday, April 9, 2013

It's all over, Rover! BMI Weight Achieved!


So after the final fast day I finally get where I never thought possible.

I am now officially (technically, or whatever you want to call BMI) a healthy weight.

My BMI (Trefathen calculation) is under 25 and now at the very upper range.

Also this marks the loss of over 45 kilograms in a year marked by 13 diets, the reintroduction of exercise and a quantum shift in my eating habits and taste.

It's been a quick year in some respects, not as hard as it sounds and certainly fascinating.

Will it make a good book? No idea, but considering the response that such a change gets from people and the apparent inspiration it gives people it's worth a crack.

IF I can write it without being holier than thou, without being a dick, without being an expert, without knowing what I was doing and without being humourless.

Most importantly, without an extra 45 kilograms.
(OK it's obviously not going to be without a little self-satisfaction).

I'll work on some stats and figures for my final blog post for this project - I'll check back maybe once a month and keep myself honest on my ongoing weight - which I expect to rise, but not more than the clothes size I currently wear.

I'll wait a month before buying a new wardrobe, that way I should know what size I will settle at.

My friends should be well over this by now, but thanks to everyone who supported and encouraged - even though I rejected all such notions initially, once I was underway the ego boost was significant and bloody helpful in some doubtful times (the plateaus).

 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!
    I think there's a book there, will be interesting to read! Hope you have kept some fat pants for when you appear on Oprah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Technically the jeans I bought 6 months ago when I had lost 25 ks are now fat pants

      :)

      Delete

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law