Friday, March 8, 2013

No Diet Day (The inbetween post)


The No Diet Day: Inbetween Diets 11 and 12

So today only I am not on a diet, though I did take a break for a few days once before a few months back.

I did 27 days on Raw Food and lost approximately 6 kilos so I have earned it by all means. You can see above the progression I have made in the last 4 weeks. The spike at the start was the night out where I had a large 3 course meal to book end the last night before Raw started. So while the next morning I did gain 1.5 kilos that would not have stayed with me for that long anyway.

In the last 27 days I have eaten loads and never gone hungry, but the desire for hot drinks, processed food and hot meals were very strong at times. Apart from a wee bout of the flu where I had a hamburger (grilled chicken actually) and chips and then two days later a homemade pie (both for much needed energy boosts while sick) I stuck to this diet pretty well considering the effort it takes mentally.

Again the credit goes to my wife for researching and making me exciting Raw Foods (mostly salads of great variety) - without that preparation and effort this would have been a much harder month and a much longer one.

I will note that the first hot food I had after this Raw Food ended made me ill. The burger I had a couple of weeks back did not, but I was already feeling very unwell so it may well have been masked.

As much as I wanted hot food, the nausea and dizziness when switching back to a normal-ish diet was fascinating.

Tomorrow I start my final diet.

The 8-hour rule. Whenever I starting eating for the day then I have the next 8 hours to eat whatever I want and then when 8 hours are up thats me for the day. This will mean most likely a month of skipping breakfast, a decent lunch and early dinner and no snacks morning or evening. So it's kind of like the no food after 7 diet, combined with the no snacking one and the intermittent fasting (as you can also call it the daily 16 hour fast).

One more month to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law