Friday, March 29, 2013

The New Plan - Day Six


The Countdown to the end, Day Six 11 to go.

Day after a fasting day weight creeps up again, the trick is to not overeat. For the day I consumed about three quarters of the calories required by me on a daily basis and stuck as much as possible to the diet conglomeration. At 84.5 Kgs still on tack for the big picture of continual reduction towards BMI weight some 1.5 kilos to go in just under two weeks.

The thing that has surprised me, when it really should not, is how much sugar is in everything. I went though this a year ago and was shocked and amazed by the amount of food that has sugar in it. Today I was in the supermarket and checked the label of the food i had been eating and discovered I had not been as sugar free as I want to be. Working from memory on food I thought was ok was obviously a mistake.

It seemed like even the diet drinks were being hidden from me today and I searched high and low for food labels on everything.

Yesterday I had an omelettte for lunch with vegetables and chorizo in it. Fine except the chorizo had sugar in it. Tomorrow I'm making Pizza's for a family lunch and I could not find deli meats that did not have sugar in them. I had to go to a butcher and get the made on premises stuff and a verbal guarantee that there was only meat and spices (not one of which was sugar) in them.

I know it's only a small amount, but all those small amounts add up and dammit if I make a rule I am going to stick to it. It annoys me greatly to have to revise and replan because I have things in my diet that should not be there.

Salad for dinner is working well for me and having a decent protein based lunch, am not running out of energy or getting too hungry. Waiting until 10 or 11 for breakfast is a little harder especially with the 6:30 a.m. bike ride. However on 11 days to go and I feel like it's in reach to get to BMI or even lower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law