Sunday, March 31, 2013

The New Plan - Day Eight


Countdown to the end of dieting day eight, nine to go.

Well I seem to have stalled, plateaued or whatever you want to call it - even though am steadily exercising and eating pretty well. It happens on a regular basis come the weekend - seemingly no matter what.

However over all am still in the 84 kilo range and have between 1 and 2 kilos to get to 82 and the upper end of my BMI range (depending on who you believe) which in itself is a bit arbitrary. According to the NHS site I should be 79.9 to be "within a healthy weight" and while I could make it there it seems too much to loose that much in 9 days. I could probably do that if I tried ADF (alternate day fasting) but that seems extreme and punishing, which I would not do. There's pushing yourself and then theres being obsessive about the goal. According to another site 82.6 was the upper range of healthy and BMI. Originally when I checked a few weeks ago on an app I downloaded it also said 75 kgs to 82 kgs is healthy for a man my height and age.

I'm not convinced of the scientific nature of any of these figures. I can see that BMI is calculated mathematically and that stats support the health benefits if you are in that range, but the link to that figure is associative not causative in what I have seen so far. And frankly if you are overweight then of course your health suffers.

Anyway - obviously the plateau has a psychological effect even for a few days - hence my obsession with the detail and reasoning now.

Stay the course and commit to the small change you can make now. It's worked for me so far and I'll be happy to get to my goal stated eight days ago.

82 something here I come.

Fasting day tomorrow and again on thursday so I know at least that my plateau will disappear shortly, but this time from a lower starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome according to Wil Wheaton's Law